Sunday, May 9, 2010

Stomachaches and Cloudy Sundays

I had a distinct feeling waking up this morning that I wanted to be free. Free from the pain that had been plaguing my stomach the last few days. Last night had just been horrible. The pain surging through my belly with no form of release was unbearable. I got through it and thankfully today seems like a better day. It was Sunday but there was no sun. Oh no, mothers in Singapore would have to make do with clouds and general mugginess pervading the atmosphere. But that was ok with me. I would be spending the day indoors anyways, nursing myself back to health. This seems to be a pattern these days since I’ve been on oral steroids for my alopecia areata. The good news is that it seems to be working, my hair seems to be growing back but then I’ve since settled into a pattern of being sick nearly every weekend. I am not sure this is worth it. I know I can’t be on this for long too and am gradually being weaned off by my doctor. Luckily, I have since been accepting that my body is just allergic to my hair. Stupid brain, can’t you just tell my immune system to kick it down a notch and not attack my hair? J Lest anyone assumes that I’m whining about my condition, I’m not, I am much happier than I have been in months/years really.

Now if only, I can get my stomach better. Doesn’t help that my stomach in general is just really sensitive already. Just it wasn’t this bad. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment